Verizon looked to Bean Creative to reenvision their corporate site to better serve visitors and build a platform for corporate thought leadership as part of a holistic, 360 degree view of the organization.
While offering access to a wide variety of information, the Verizon Corporate site presented a dizzying and somewhat overwhelming array of links, stand-alone brands and navigation choices.
Lacking a visual hierarchy of information, centralized corporate voice or concise navigation, the site was creating a frustrating, negative experience and driving visitors away in confusion.
Ultimately, the task at hand was a branding challenge.
The corporate site had to be informational as well as influential. And since most people know Verizon on a more superficial level as a communications provider, the redesign was an opportunity to show the world a side of the company they may not know.
By more effectively illustrating Verizon’s thought leadership and citizenship, and by doing so with an enhanced user experience, the visiting public would be able to gain a deeper appreciation of Verizon as a valued corporate citizen.
A successful breakaway from business unit model of Verizon departments was achieved via design, messaging and organization – showcasing a bigger picture of innovation and connectivity company-wide.
The strategic reorganization and visual redesign:
- Illustrates the big picture of innovation and connectivity company-wide
- Provides a more organized, entryway to Verizon corporate content with visible prioritization and hierarchies
- Organizes the site with a user-centric layout for clear content access
- Delivers a thought leadership messaging platform and encourages repeat visits
- Communicates the variety of Verizon corporate initiatives while transcending departmental silos
- Encourages deeper visitor exploration with content sharing and cross connectivity among Verizon sites
- Supports growth with a flexible portal framework that can accommodate new initiatives and content as corporate needs evolve